ReviewsNo reviews yet
Embark on a journey to discover the hidden gem of Sarawak - Mount Murud. Often overshadowed by its more famous counterparts, this majestic mountain is a true testament to the beauty and wonder of nature. With its cloud-covered peak and quiet façade, Mount Murud has become a sacred place of faith for many, a symbol of the Lun Bawang culture, and a last bastion of untouched rainforest in the region.
As you trek through the Pulong Tau National Park, you will witness the majesty of Mount Murud unfold before you. Its dense forests are home to a wide variety of rare and endangered flora and fauna, making it a prime location for eco-tourism. The headwaters of major rivers also start here, providing a vital lifeline to the surrounding ecosystem.
As you explore this untouched wilderness, you'll find yourself surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature in its purest form. Take a moment to pause and marvel at the breathtaking scenery - the towering trees, crystal-clear streams, and endless sky stretching out before you.
Mount Murud is not just a place to be admired from afar, but a place to be experienced up close. Immerse yourself in the local culture and traditions, and gain a deeper understanding of the significance of this mountain to the Lun Bawang people. With its rich history and cultural heritage, Mount Murud is a destination that will leave you with unforgettable memories.
As you journey back from this hidden gem, take a moment to reflect on the importance of preserving this pristine wilderness. For not only is it a valuable treasure of eco-tourism, but it stands as a legacy that must be protected for generations to come.
- The tour package offers access to a private and fully protected tropical rainforest area.
- Clients are advised beforehand that all tracks must be kept to, with no off-tracks allowed throughout the duration of the tour.
- A suggested dress code of hiking wear is recommended due to the nature of the tour.
- Overland trips within the tour operate on non-paved roads and trails, so participants should be prepared to get wet and dirty.
- The jungle tracks in this area may have leeches, so it is important to take necessary precautions.
- As the highlands have a higher elevation, participants are advised to bring along a sweater or windbreaker as the night can get chilly for most months of the year.
Recommended to bring:
- Sandals and good grip walking shoes
- Torchlight for visibility in low-light areas
- Sunscreen to protect from harmful UV rays
- Insect repellent to prevent bites and stings
- Raincoat to prepare for unexpected rain
- 10L backpack to carry personal items
- Binoculars for observing distant wildlife
- Camera or video equipment with spare batteries to capture memories
- Personal items that may be needed for the tour
- Nature Park Guide
- All land transport
- All meals
- All entrance fees and permit
- Personal Insurance
- Personal toiletries
- Domestic Airfare
Day 1 : Unveiling Sarawak's Hidden Treasures: A Journey Through Pristine Forests and Cultural Landscapes
Upon arrival at Lawas Airport, participants will be greeted and have the opportunity to resupply any necessary personal items. The tour will then proceed with a scenic 2-hour overland trip by 4WD to Long Lidung Fish Conservation, passing through breathtaking landscapes and natural vistas. A short stop will be made at Menagang Place before continuing to Long Merarap, where participants will visit the historic British Royal Air Forces crash Memorial Site. The tour will then transfer to the picturesque Semadoh Valley, where participants will have the opportunity to experience the local culture and stay overnight at a comfortable and authentic homestay. (Tea break / Dinner)
Day 2 - Highland Adventure: Hiking Mt Murud
After enjoying a hearty breakfast, participants will embark on an early trip to Ba’Kelalan and marvel at the breathtaking scenery of endless green in the Lun Bawang Highlands. Upon arrival at Buduk Nur, participants will meet with their knowledgeable local Mt Murud guide and receive a thorough briefing before being transferred to Lepo Bunga, a journey of approximately one hour. The tour will then embark on a 2-hour warm-up hiking trail from Lepo Bunga to Sukacita bridge, continuing to Church Camp for an additional 3 hours. Weather permitting, participants will witness the stunning panoramic views of Krayan Indonesian and a small part of Bario from Batu Linanit. After dinner, participants will receive a debrief from the local guide regarding the next day's programs before retiring for the night at a comfortable Church Camp. (Breakfast/Packed Lunch/Dinner)
Day 3 -Summit Attack: Conquer Mt Murud
Embark on Summit Attack: Travel light with packed lunch and plenty of energy food for the 4-hour journey. Enjoy lunch at the summit and spend up to 30 minutes, weather permitting. Descend to the church camp for dinner and debriefing before an overnight stay. (Breakfast/Packed Lunch/Dinner)
- In the event of heavy rain throughout the night prior to the Summit Attack, the hiking activity will be cancelled to ensure the safety of visitors.
- Mount Murud is a sacred mountain and as such, the consumption of alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited.
Day 4 - Tropical Jungle Hideout Retreat
After enjoying breakfast amidst the mist, prepare to depart for Lepo Bunga. Travel by 4WD to The Tropical Jungle Hideout and set up the cabin with a magnificent Mt Murud backdrop. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Day 5 - Departure from Ba'kelalan
After packing and bidding farewell to your host family and exchanging gifts, take a final photo and get ready for transfer to Ba'kelalan STOL at Buduk Nur for your flight to Lawas. (Breakfast)