ReviewsNo reviews yet
Explore the rich biodiversity of Bako National Park, Sarawak’s oldest national park, in this tour package. Travel by road and boat to arrive at the park’s headquarters, Telok Assam, where you can browse the Park’s Information Center to learn more about the park’s 17 well-planned trails and 25 types of vegetation that flow into 7 ecological systems. Witness an abundance of wildlife such as long-tailed macaques, bearded wild boars, mudskippers, and fiddler crabs while searching for the shy proboscis. You’ll also have the opportunity to witness the spectacular view of the signature Sea Stack, a fascinating geological wonder. Lunch is included before returning to Kuching via the same route. If you choose the overnight option, you can catch a glimpse of more wildlife like the silver langur, monitor lizard, and flying lemur. A brief night walk might even bless you with a chance to see the Malay Civet. Basic overnight facilities are provided at the Park's hostel. Check-in time is at 1400 Hr, and check-out time is at 1100 Hr.
Embark on a nature-filled adventure to Sarawak's oldest national park, Bako National Park. After a pick-up from your Kuching hotel at 8:00 AM, you will experience the beauty of nature on a land journey to the park, with opportunities for sightings of White-Collared Kingfishers. A 25-minute boat trip along the edge of the South China Sea will take you to Telok Assam, the site of the park's headquarters, where you will register at the park's office and browse the Information Center.
You will then explore the park's 17 well-planned trails, spanning an area of only 2,727 hectares and consisting of 25 types of vegetation that flow into seven ecological systems. The park is home to an abundance of flora and fauna, including long-tailed macaques, bearded wild boars, mudskippers, and fiddler crabs. Your tour guide will assist you in tracing the shy proboscis, and you will have the opportunity to witness the spectacular view of the signature Sea Stack.
After your adventure-filled morning, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at the park before heading back to Kuching. However, if you choose to stay overnight at the park's hostel, you will have better chances of spotting more wildlife such as silver langurs, monitor lizards, flying lemurs, and green pit vipers. A brief night walk might also bless you with a chance of sighting the Malay Civet. You will spend the night at the park's hostel, with basic overnight facilities, before continuing your exploration of the park the next day. Check-out is at 11:00 AM, and you will return to Kuching by the same route.
Trip Details - Itinerary
- 8:00 AM: Pick up from hotel in Kuching and depart for Bako National Park.
- Land journey to the park with opportunities for nature sightings, including White-Collared Kingfishers.
- Boat trip to Telok Assam, the site of the park's headquarters, with scenic views of the coastal mountains.
- Register at the park's office and browse the Information Center.
- Explore the park's 17 well-planned trails and witness its rich flora and fauna, including long-tailed macaques, bearded wild boars, mudskippers, and fiddler crabs.
- Boat trip to witness the spectacular view of the signature Sea Stack.
- Lunch at the park.
- Option to return to Kuching or stay overnight at the park's hostel.
Day 2 (for overnight stay):
- Breakfast at the hostel.
- Continue exploring the park to increase chances of spotting wildlife such as silver langurs, monitor lizards, flying lemurs, and green pit vipers.
- Brief night walk to potentially spot the Malay Civet.
- Check out at 11:00 AM and return to Kuching.