ECOGREEN HOLIDAYS’ RESPONSIBLE TOURISM POLICY
We will commit ourselves to work with others to take responsibility for achieving the economic, social and environmental components of responsible and sustainable tourism.
We firmly believe
Responsible Tourism is about “making better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit.”
We know and understand that it is our responsibility to:
· Minimize negative impact on the destination, and the environment we operate in.
· Involve the locals in decisions that impact them in any way
· Contribute to conservation (natural and cultural)
· Provide tourists with an understanding of the local culture and conservation through connections with locals
· Respect and and ensure equality
We, at Ecogreen Holidays, are determined go beyond with a pledge to:
· Protect our natural heritage.
· Empowering the underprivileged
· Respect local people we interact with and their cultures they represent
· Buy local and contribute to the economic well-being of the community
· Provide a positive experience for both the host and tourist
WE WILL STRIVE TO
1. RESPECT CULTURAL NORMS
Part of being a responsible traveller is knowing when and how we should respect cultural norms and making new friends setting the stage for a honest, genuine, and respectful conversations thereby benefiting from the travel that we facilitate.
2. USE LOCAL RESOURCES
Sourcing of food, souvenirs and tours from and involving locals with an ultimate objective of spending money in the destination which we consider the best way to give back to the local economy.
3. ACT AND DO RESPONSIBLY
Always remind ourselves that the environment we live in is fragile and we must take extra steps to be responsible in our ways of doing things. We choose our action moving away from questionable ethical and exploitable activities, conserve and protect and be mindful of waste.
4 KEEPING THINGS IN A RESPONSIBLE PERSPECTIVE
Travelling responsibly and setting example to other travelers and the people we deal with and showing them the way and creating awareness, among others, to subscribe to the cherished principles.