The Lun Bawang has a rich cultural history and at the same time, they were on the verge of extinction if not for the arrival of Christian missionaries as early as 1928. Before this, they had been in contact with ancient traders from China especially for the huge jars or porcelain needed in their burial rites which we can still find these artefacts in the ancient grave yards. They also came into contact with the Brunei Malays and did barter trading as well. It is historically well known as far as Sarawak History is concerned. Vyner Brooke, the third Rajah of Sarawak did lead an expeditionary force to the highland, to fight the rebellious Lun Bawangs there.
Includes : Nature Guide, all land transport, accommodation based on homestay concepts, Camping in the jungle, all meals and all entrance fees
Excludes : Tipping, Insurance, Personal Incidentals & Items not mentioned
Meet and greet in Lawas airport. re-supply for personal items before we proceed for our 2 hours overland trip by 4WD to Long Lidung Fish Conservation. Procced to Menagang Place a short stop. Continue to Long Merarap visit British Royal Air Forces crash Memorial Site before transfer to Merarap Hot Spring Lodge. [ Tea Break/Dinner]
Morning activity, enjoy the fresh and natural Spa of Merarap Hot Sprimg. After breakfast, packed and leave for a journey to Semdoh valley. Mingle around with the folks in the village. [ Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner]
After hearty breakfast, get ready for today wild adventure activity. Short walk to visit Rev. Alan Francis Belcher and his wife Madge Blecher memorial site where they lived while translating Holy Bible to Lun Bawang language. Discover all ancient Lun Bawang indigenous tribes historical sites before they socially and spiritually transformed. Continue our trek to a native trails of Wat Gerawat jungle hike winding towards secondary mixed dipterocarp forests. Check and mark some beautiful pitcher plants. Overnight at Wat Gerawat camping ground. [ Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner]
Enjoy the chill morning with a beautiful views . After breakfast ready for a hike along the Wat Gerawet ridge to reach Pegkung Batuh view point. After lunch, continue to look for gigantic agathist trees. Late afternoon, arrive at Puneng Trusan village. Overnight at the village. [ Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner]
Ready for today fun challenges. After breakfast join your homestay host to search for your cooking ingredients. Learn to cook local tasty dishes and perform local dance for a cultural dinner. [ Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner]
Packed and bid a farewell to your host family and exchange gift. After final photo get ready for transfer back to Lawas Town.[Breakfast]
- This tour package penetrates into a private mass of tropical rainforest area that is totally and privately protected. All clients are pre-advised that no off-tracks are allowed anytime throughout the entire duration of the tour
- Suggested dress-code: Hiking wear
- All overland trips within this tour operates on non-paved roads / trails, so be prepared to get wet and dirty
- Jungle tracks in this area might have leeches.
- Due to this elevation of the highlands, participants are advised to bring along their sweater or wind breaker as the nigh can get chilly for most months of the year.
- Recommended to bring: Sandals, good grip walking shoes, torchlight, sunscreen, insect repellent, raincoat, backpack 10L, binoculars, camera or video with spare batteries, personal toiletries and personal medicine