Nature doesn’t have to be tallest, biggest or most fantastic to be appreciated. Mount Murud might not be world famous, but it is probably Sarawak’s best-kept secret. Under its quiet cloud covered façade, it has proven itself to be the provider of much to many-place of faith, anchor of Lun Bawang culture and one of the last vestiges of truly pristine rainforest in Sarawak. Besides being a place of faith, this quiet giant is a key feature in Pulong Tau National Park. It contains one of the last remnants of virgin forest in Sarawak. It is also the start of the headwaters of major rivers, home to endangered flora and fauna, an a incredibly beautiful place for eco tourism. Not only should it be protected for its legacy, it stands to be a valuable treasure of eco tourism for decades to come.
Includes : Nature Park Guide, all land transport, accommodation , all meals , all entrance fees and permit
Excludes : Tipping, Insurance, Personal Incidentals & Items not mentioned
Meet and greet in Lawas airport. re-supply for personal items before we proceed for our 2 hours overland trip by 4WD to Long Lidung Fish Conservation. Procced to Menagang Place a short stop. Continue to Long Merarap visit British Royal Air Forces crash Memorial Site before transfer to Semadoh Valley . Overnight at a local homestay [Tea Break/Dinner]
Hearty breakfast and ready for today early trip to Ba’Kelalan. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of endless green of Lun Bawang Highlands. Upon arrival at Buduk Nur we will meet our local Mt Murud guide. De-brief and transfer to Lepo Bunga approximately 1 hour. A 2 hours warm up hiking trail start from Lepo Bunga to Sukacita bridge then from there continue to Church Camp for another 3 hours. If weather permits, witness scenic view of Krayan Indonesian and small part of Bario from Batu Linanit. After dinner, debrief by local guide for the next day programs. Overnight at a Church Camp. [Breakfast/Packed Lunch/Dinner]
After breakfast, get ready for Summit Attack.(4hours) Travel light for the summit journey with packed lunch and a lot of energy food. Lunch at the summit. Time and weather permitting spend less then 30 minutes at the summit. Descend to church camp. After dinner, de-brief and overnight.[Breakfast/Packed Lunch/Dinner]
- If heavy rain for the whole night before trip to Summit Attack, for visitors safety the hiking will be cancel
- Mount Murud is a Holy Mountain, alcohol drink and smoking is prohibited.
Enjoy breakfast by the mist. Get pack and ready to depart back to Lepo Bunga. From there, transfer by 4WD to The Tropical Jungle Hideout, set up cabin with Mt Murud back ground. [ Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner]
Packed and bid a farewell to your host family and exchange gift. After final photo get ready for transfer to Ba’kelalan STOL at Buduk Nur for your flight to Lawas. [Breakfast]
- This tour package penetrates into a private mass of tropical rainforest area that is totally and privately protected. All clients are pre-advised that no off-tracks are allowed anytime throughout the entire duration of the tour
- Suggested dress-code: Hiking wear
- All overland trips within this tour operates on non-paved roads / trails, so be prepared to get wet and dirty
- Jungle tracks in this area might have leeches.
- Due to this elevation of the highlands, participants are advised to bring along their sweater or wind breaker as the night can get chilly for most months of the year.
- Recommended to bring: Sandals, good grip walking shoes, torchlight, sunscreen, insect repellent, raincoat, backpack 10L, binoculars, camera or video with spare batteries, personal toiletries and personal medicine